For better quality, remember to click on the photos.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Half way mark...turning 50!!





Turning 50 was at first a daunting thought but then my mind opened up and I decided to tackle it head on and make something big of it. Maybe it is because we are settling into a new country, maybe it's because I've lost my brother when he was only 41, maybe it's because I wanted to share the day and my life with friends, maybe it's because there's so much more to do and see or maybe it's just because I am so grateful to be alive and are blessed beyond words. All of the above!!

I had no family at the celebration, which was sad but lots of wonderful friends were there who have become my adopted family.

Our dear friends Debbie and Gavin opened up their home and hearts for us and we had a great time at their house.

I put together a slide show of my life. From baby days to present, all the things I have done before hubby and all the things we have done together as a family. It was great, accept that the time frame between each slide was too short and I couldn't elaborate on some pictures. Maybe it was a good thing because some friends might have gotten bored.

Then hubby surprised me and also had a sweet celebration slide show to my honour. He got some friends (all ex pats in other countries) to compile beautiful video clips and writings. It was so special, thanks again guys.

The best of all hubby got our son, Gustaf who studies in Cape Town, South Africa on skype. Gustaf said the nicest things to his mom in front of all present.

What a great time I had, thanks to all who came!!


Speach time - Looks like I said something funny...

Listening to Gustaf on skype











Watching hubby's slide show





I love my family:)

Missing you Gustaf!! Will take another family picture when you come in a few weeks time. xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very happy 50th to you...may the future be everything you hope and wish for!
ronelle

Carina said...

Thanks Ronelle, I trust it will but luckily one doesn't know what lies ahead for us, otherwise we might just stop right now.

Ingrid de Villiers said...

Happy Birthday again Carina! Looks like you had no shortage of friends who love and adore you....I am so happy for you, you deserve it!
Ixx :)

Paola said...

Happy birthday Carina. Looks like you marked this significant birthday in a very happy way...

Kristin said...

Happy birthday to you! Looks like you had a wonderful celebration! I think you're hubby would be thrilled to pieces if you participated in "date your mate" with us this week! Never let the spark die!

Diary From Africa said...

Congratulations on your 50th - what a wonderful celebration you had, & how precious of your hubby to organise those surprises for you !

elvira pajarola said...

AUGURI AUGURI BUON COMPLEANNO!!!!!!

oh...magnificient....50 years young and never ever one would tell....! You look fabulous!!!!

All the very Best and a lot of Joy!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for stepping into my Tuscany; I loved it!

just looked and admired your guided tour into the nature with you Dad ; amazing!!!!!

Have a great week!
ciao ciao elvira

elvira pajarola said...

Carina...I forgot: of course you can use my Olive Pics to realize a painting; it's a pleasure for me!!!!

ciao ciao elvira